Software Test Engineer
My exciting new start up client in the biotechnology industry are now seeking a Software test engineer to join their growing team, working with software and instrument development teams on the development of new instrumentation products.
Responsible for software solutions test planning and working to expand automated test coverage of software-hardware systems; defining and executing system test cases; assessing software performance; executing integrated manual testing within an Agile software development process.
- Collaborating with software and instrument development teams to determine the optimum way to test software products
- Writing automated tests within the chosen framework to create a robust test environment.
- Maintaining test hardware and software environments
- Monitoring and reporting daily test results, investigating failures and submitting defects as necessary to the team
- Learning new technologies and tools as needed to solve test challenges on evolving projects
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and relevant ISTQB / ISEB qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience with typically 5 years
- Deep understanding of: C#, .NET, WPF and object-oriented programming methodologies
- Experience in using platforms to automate Windows software UI testing
- Experience using Jenkins or similar to schedule and manage test runs and results
- Experience using virtualization tools to set up and maintain virtual Windows test environments
- Familiarity with JIRA or equivalent for managing defects and tasks
- Familiarity with Visual Studio/.NET/C# software development tools and ability to build test-related coding
- Innate knowledge of software test principles and practices
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentations and documentation
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Hands-on attitude in developing and troubleshooting own work
- Experience operating within a regulated environment.
- Hands-on experience in Pharmaceutical Lab systems
- This role is based in our Cambridge office, however the role will be based working remotely for the time being with the opportunity for flexible working once the office is fully open again.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted