We are looking for a Principal Project Manager to direct, implement and deliver small to medium size business projects ranging from standard to more complex projects. from initiation through to completion, in line with the Project Management Framework to meet the agreed budget, timescales and customer specification
- Define the project scope, goals and deliverables and produce the Project Initiation Document
- Define the tasks and resources required to deliver the project and produce a comprehensive project plan establishing project timelines, dependencies and critical paths
- Identify and assign the project team members, both direct and virtual, required to deliver the project, agree allocation of activities and manage delivery throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage the project budget allocated
- Identify 3rd party suppliers and ensure their standards of delivery, product specification and documentation are aligned to project requirements
- Manage customer relationships and interactions across the project, providing regular progress reports and responding to customer feedback
- Track progress against project deliverables and report progress to all stakeholders
- Use defined processes to manage changes to project scope, risks, issues and overall project governance
- Deliver an effective project handover to the customer, ensuring capability to maintain agreed standards of performance
- Evaluate each project against its scope and objectives and produce a Project Closure Report.
The role will focus on:
- The management of large programmes of work and delivery of projects via key suppliers from inception, application through to completion
- The setup of new programmes of work, from inception to application enabling the delivery teams to be informed on how to deliver the programme
- Maintain key customer relationships in conjunction with Business Units and Customer Programme Managers
- Ensure that current and future supplier relationships are developed in conjunction with Commercial department colleagues
- Ensure a balanced workload for all suppliers, taking into consideration performance, resource availability and experience.
- Revenue & cost focussed approach to delivery of projects
Education: Degree level qualification or significant relevant industry experience such as below:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years' experience in National Mobile Network Operator Radio Access Network (RAN) roll outs or similar consolidation programmes supporting our customers.
- Excellent networking and customer facing skills with good knowledge of key stakeholders in the UK market
Technical / Functional Knowledge and Experience required:
- To work closely with the Programme Managers and other key internal stakeholders to ensure that the responsibility of the project delivery team are aligned with the overall programme
- Supply the customer and project teams with qualified responses.
- Report on forecasts, budgetary performance, progress target achievements and exceptions.
- Deliver a high degree of customer care
- As directed by the Programme Director, take a national overview for delivery of certain key customer projects and maintain responsibility for end to end delivery
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search