As an experienced data developer, you will be responsible for delivering high quality business reporting and dashboards while applying modern day best practises and agile project delivery principles. You will provide data reporting development for critical projects to rapidly deliver value to the business using the Azure Cloud platform, Power BI, SSAS and SSRS.
- Knowledge on how to query relational and non-relational databases, including data warehouse models.
- Understand complex data source schemas, to efficiently transform them into business reporting and dashboards, according to requirements and deliver them using the Microsoft business reporting tools (e.g. Excel, SSRS, Power BI).
- Advanced SQL level, capable of developing high performance queries on large datasets, while delivering lean, clean and maintainable scripts.
- Support critical production data reporting systems, assuring high-availability, efficient ticket completion and urgently execute hotfix processes when needed.
- Very Strong SQL scripting capability for data selection, multiple table joins and data transformation.
- Very Strong experience in Database modelling and performance tuning, for relational and non-relational databases of critical production systems for very large data repositories.
- Very Strong experience with Microsoft SQL Server database design and development stack, including the BI Reporting Tools SSIS/SSAS/SSRS/PowerBI.
- Very Strong ETL capabilities when dealing with complex source systems and an Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Proven experience of delivering high quality reporting experiences to end users.
- Full Data Development Life Cycle responsibilities including writing specs, designing and implementing code, testing, and managing code deployment.
o Ability to convert business requirements into high functional data models and code.
o Ability to quickly assimilate new and complex data sources, technologies and concepts.
o Strong written and verbal communications skills.
o Strong commitment to build world-class reliable and business critical data solutions.
Nice to have
- Experience using with Data Warehousing dimensional modelling design
- Experience with test automation and capable of providing guidance on how to create easily testable and maintainable software
- Experience with APIs and data exchange between web applications backend and frontend.
- Experience with reinsurance or insurance industry a plus.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted