Senior Reporting Actuary Telford
Our high profile client is a household name in financial services with a client portfolio valued over 40 million GBP. We are looking for a fully qualified Senior Reporting Actuary on a permanent basis with circa 5 years post qualified experience in delivering consolidated reporting & analysis report to their business.
To carry out this role you will have experience in working across all areas, different functions within the business to deliver a consolidated quarterly overview of reports. This will require excellent expertise in analysis and reporting with further expertise in stakeholder management and communication to deliver the following outcomes of the role.
Outcomes and Deliverables:
- Specify requirements to Actuarial and Finance Operational team on items for consolidation and analysis.
- Analyse results from Actuarial model teams and provide challenge.
- Update internal quarterly templates for Solvency II and/or IFRS reporting.
- Analyse and explain financial results on IFRS and SII and Surplus Generation metrics.
- Monitor business developments and understand how they impact results
- Explain results to senior management and provide input to other reports, eg SFCR
- Develop expertise on assigned areas of the balance sheet production and ensure calculations are produced accurately and efficiently, in a timely manner.
- Management of one or more junior team members.
- You will come from a life insurance / reporting Actuary background with a demonstrable career of delivering the above out including the following:
- Must be able to interpret complex financial information and assess its implications.
- Interpersonal skills to ensure close cooperation between Finance and Actuarial teams.
- The ability to work at pace in an ambiguous, high growth environment, staying calm and resilient under pressure.
- Strong and flexible influencing skills required for engagement with all types of stakeholder.
- Very good communication skills - both obtaining relevant inputs from various teams and clearly sharing outcomes and proposals for decision-makers.
- Able to make pragmatic decisions in short timescales.
- Ability to manage junior colleagues - oversight / review of work, support professional development
You will need to have knowledge in:
- Strong understanding of the insurance industry and financial markets.
- Strong knowledge of actuarial techniques such as reserving, economic valuation and capital modelling calculations.
- Knowledge of Solvency II Regulation.
- Familiarity with QRTs, IFRS accounts and Operating Profit metric.
- Familiarity with general valuation methodologies for life insurance businesses.
Our client offers an excellent salary, generous annual bonus with a range of impressive benefits. Should this seem of interest we can provide our clients full requirements upon request. Alternatively Please send your CV to Steve Metcalfe or for an informal conversation please call 0203 909 5167
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search