- Deskside Engineer
- Beginning of June Start
- £114.47 - £120.00 per day
My client is looking for a Deskside Engineer to act both as a specialist in specific product areas for customer systems, and provide support for hardware and software maintenance calls and implementation requests.
- To provide high-quality, highly visible desk side and floor-walking support functions to the customer and log such activities through the call systems as work is completed.
- Working within a core site as part of a wider teams spread through other core sites and field.
- Provide a Smart Hand (Physical Power Cycle of Firewall, Router, Switches, Servers ETC. Reset of Network Drives, Inserting CD/DVD/Tape in to a device, Checking a Device activity light or an error on a screen)
- To install pre-defined computer image's onto desktop and laptop computers in the case of a serious system failure.
- To install or re-install any applications onto PCs in line with installation procedures.
- Perform basic networking support, including investigating faults, patch, tracing & replacing from desk side to switches
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Desk Side Experience - up to 2nd line
- SNOW or other ITSM Ticket-based toolsets in order to have an understanding and manage workflow tickets
- Strong product related technical background
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 & 365
- Active Directory Services knowledge
- Mobile Phone/ Tablet Support
If you are available and interested please apply today!
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search