Lead DevOps Engineer - AZURE FOCUS
Our Corporate client based in London requires a Lead Devops Engineer preferably experience of developing technology solutions for large, complex business change programmes within large public sector and/or commercial organisations.
To lead a team of DevOps engineers in setting up the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and supporting the development and operations of the Data Integration platform through tools, environments and practices. Responsible for underpinning good development processes including managing tools and testing environments, central code control, maintaining development standards and writing quality software that helps automate systems.
- Lead a responsive and flexible team of DevOps engineers
- Guide technical decisions within the team
- Assist Product Manager in refining the Product Backlog and Roadmap planning
- Ensure stability, maintenance and enhancements of the Data Integration platform
- Help team to structure work from the PB and solve coordination issues faced by the team
- Identifying and clearing impediments for the team
- Anticipate risks and address them so that they don't become issues
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- commercial experience of software development using Microsoft technologies.
- Experience of working on MS Azure Platform
- Experience of MS DevOps (VSTS)
- Experience of setting up a Continuous delivery pipeline including automated testing and deployment.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2017
- MS Azure Data Factory V2
- MS Azure Analysis Services - Tabular Model and DAX querying language
- Reporting Tools - Tableau or/and Power BI
- Knowledge of Azure components including Azure Storage, Azure Key Vault, Logic Apps, Azure Automation, Azure Batch and Azure Databricks
- C# and Powershell
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Passion for automation of Infrastructure. Repeatable patterns, pipelines, and security integrations.
- Government Digital Services framework and service design standards.
- Microsoft Azure platform and associated infrastructure architecture.
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservices , web services, including JSON and XML.
- Variety of databases and programming languages, e.g. SQL Server, .NET, C#, Java.
- Latest information technologies including their pros and cons in the context of large organisations.
- Integration Architectures and patterns, including knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus.
- Working knowledge of data warehousing, data lakes, data migration and Big Data.
- Good secure coding standards such as OWASP.
- Auditing and monitoring approaches and tools.
PLEASE NOTE: This assignment is inside of IR35 therefore please only apply if you will consider this
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search