We are currently recruiting for a world leader in Digital Asset Management and Product Information Management for a Senior Content Steward / Project Manager to join on a permanent basis. Based from their office in central London, a short walk away from multiple tube stations and Euston.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with world famous brands who have recently gone through an exciting digital transformation.
You will be involved in the PIM program management. As a Senior Content Steward, you will work closely with the Platform Director and platform team, ecommerce teams, Global operations team, local agencies, Brands, creative agencies and retailers to ensure the success and adoption of the applications and processes. You will work closely with our existing support team.
As a Senior Content Steward, you will hold the following responsibilities:
- Lead daily stand-up meetings, identifying and addressing where possible any queries raised by PIM project team or escalating to the Global Operations Manager where appropriate.
- Support the PIM project team, fostering a culture of expertise and operational excellence.
- Provide reports and insights to client stakeholders & Global Operations Manager
- Establish and nurture direct connect with Platforms Director and team
- Lead & take initiative to maximise adoption working closely with Client Stakeholders
- Lead & identify opportunities to unite client business teams in line with PIM objectives
- Promote best practice and the PIM platform across all user groups
- Develop insights, engagement and action plans in line with the client's and organisation's core values
- Lead contact for support and engagement to ecommerce teams, retailers, agencies and program team
- Develop user communications with Business Director
- Lead PIM activity cadence ensuring all SLAs are met including (not limited to):
- Quality Assuring and enriching product content across applications
- Deliver user and system training. Proactively amend training materials and enhance training format and training touchpoints
- Manage JIRA workflow and requests
- Product lifecycle management within application
- Ongoing data and user management
- Providing technical support and requests for local and global users
- Passionately manage and evolve your client's maturity in the Product Information Management space.
- Build a good understanding of clients' business issues, ecommerce topics, industry, competitors, and brands.
- Work with team members to generate new ideas and evolve existing programmes.
- Work with team members to problem solve and consult with the Global Operations Manager as required.
- Develop a solid understanding of product, digital shelf, masterdata, hierarchy and retailers portals.
- Drive development of work at all stages to ensure that it meets and exceeds client expectations, identifying opportunities with your clients and for the business.
- Confidence to lead and manage a PIM project team as well as client engagement.
- Quick thinker that help to provide solutions to problems raised by team members.
- Able to balance projects and workloads among the members of the team.
- Drive efficiencies and progress among the team members, providing insights of improvement and recognition in the team.
- Develop and empower team members to grow within their own roles.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Team leadership
- Account management and client services
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; a confident leader of meetings and calls.
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and technical understanding
- Strong understanding of ecommerce processes and workflows used by the client
- The ability to multi-task with an interest in all aspects of the role
- Media and technology agnostic, whilst displaying an affinity and passion for the industry
- Able to work both independently and as a part of a world class team
You will hold industry experience either directly or as an account manager (media, ecommerce, Marketing Technology, retailer management)
Please apply online for further details or call Rebekah.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age