BI Reports Developer - Azure/Power BI
**Please note, for this contract you would have to work via an Umbrella/PAYE Solution**
A FTSE100 company are currently looking to recruit a BI Reports Developer to create, develop, and manage a suite of data sets, reports and dashboards that will turn the underlying data into decision making tools for senior and operational management.
The key responsibilities for this role includes:
- Design, build and deploy data solutions (primarily on Azure and Power BI but not exclusively),
- In the form of rapid prototyping of data products and Dashboards to demonstrate proof of concept /value
- Create visualizations and reports for requested data and development of a single plane of glass for multiple data sources.
- Designing and building effective dashboard layouts and reports. Utilising the navigation features to guide user to insights through a compelling data-driven story.
- Development of Power BI data ingestion using Power Query, Dataflows, tabular modelling and DAX measure definition.
- Using design led thinking, information design and selection of appropriate visualisations. Supported by UX/UI experts and product teams with iterative development based on regular feedback.
- Extensive database development experience in Data Analysis and Data modelling, Data Warehousing, Microsoft SQL, MySQL
The key experience and knowledge required for this role includes:
- Proven experience as a BI Developer
- Industry experience particularly with Power BI, Qlik or Tableau
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modelling)
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Worked as an effective member of a scrum team using modern agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, enough to deal with internal and external contacts at all levels, including the ability to communicate effectively with people of different nationalities/cultures working in different time zones
- Power Query - ingestion of various data sources
- DAX - for complex measure development
- Power BI Service - workspaces, apps, security
- Understanding of Pro vs. Premium features and suitability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure resources;
- Azure SQL DB / DW
- Data Factory
- Storage Accounts (Blob Store / Data Lake)
- SQL - preferable T-SQL
This is a contract role working for a top company as a BI Reports Developer.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search