Cloud Data Engineer
Our Germany based Tech client are looking for x2 Cloud Data Engineers/Architects to join their Berlin based team.
You will be enabling data scientists and analysts to gain insights into data by architecting and implementing data-driven cloud based solutions. The role will involve the following:
- Build technical solutions required for optimal ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using open source, AWS, Azure or GCP 'big data' frameworks and services.
- Work with the product and software team to provide feedback surrounding data-related technical issues and support for data infrastructure needs uncovered during customer engagements / testing.
- Understand and formulate processing pipelines of large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Working alongside the Cloud Architect and Cloud Enablement Manager to implement Data Engineering solutions
- Collaborating with the customer's data scientists and data stewards/governors during workshop sessions to uncover more detailed business requirements related to data engineering
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Has experience successfully implementing simple enterprise solutions using a vast range of data engineering technologies. Has experience deploying and using the services in a major cloud platform
- Delivers - Significant code contributions to more complex components of ETL pipelines Writes test, test cases, and code documentation with a high level of detail. Skill mastery in a few areas
- Coding - Pushes back bad code and employs ETL best practices
- Experience with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages, such as Python, Java and Scala
- Experience with Machine Learning toolkits
- Experience in building scalable end-to-end data ingestion and processing solutions
- Good understanding of data infrastructure and distributed computing principles
- Proficient at implementing data processing workflows using Hadoop and frameworks such as Spark and Flink
- Good understanding of data governance and how regulations can impact data storage and processing solutions such as GDPR and PCI
- Ability to identify and select the right tools for a given problem, such as knowing when to use a relational or non-relational database
- Working knowledge of non-relational and row/columnar based relational databases
- Stakeholder Management - Has guided & influenced customer stakeholders. Manages customer expectations on project deliverables. Aware of the customers political landscape beyond the technology. Clarifies and communicates internally customer objectives.
- Compensation & Wellbeing: We base your total compensation on the skills, knowledge and behaviors you bring aspire to provide flexible benefits, enabling you to achieve a work-life balance that helps you thrive.
- High Impact: We want you to make a personal impact: delivering results that help grow the business and make a difference to our customers, your colleagues and your community. Job satisfaction at its best.
- Career Development: You'll find constant opportunities to take on new roles and grow, as well as training, coaching, and continuous feedback to boost your expertise and give you career-enhancing skills.
- Culture & Engagement: We have a dynamic and inclusive working environment built for collaboration, flexibility, openness - and fun, with managers who listen, engage and empower your actions.
If this is something of interest, please apply and I will be in touch!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted