Senior Linux Engineer (Red Hat / CentOS)
I am currently recruiting for a Lead / Senior Linux Engineer with Red Hat or Centos experience to join one of the UK's best known Financial Services organisations based in Swindon on a perm basis.
As a Lead Infrastructure Support Specialist, you will play a key role in supporting and optimising our existing systems, as well as helping to shape our team's strategy and direction. You will be an experienced system administrator, equally at home carrying out day to day support tasks, providing leadership and guidance to the IT Support UNIX team or helping to ensure that new systems are delivered to our agreed standards.
As an Infrastructure Specialist Lead within the IT Support team you would already have a deep technical knowledge of Redhat Linux and Solaris and leading a technical team and have the following skills.
- Proven system administration skills around Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7. This should include Satellite 6 and Puppet.
- Working within an ITIL framework.
It would be nice if you also had a few of the following:
- Experience/knowledge of Redhat Openshift Enterprise 3 deployment and administration.
- Experience/knowledge of Docker and Containers-as-a-Service in a Linux environment.
- Experience/knowledge of Ansible
- Experience/knowledge of AIX.
- Experience/knowledge of Oracle Solaris 10 and 11, including zone administration and ZFS.
- Knowledge of the underlying hardware/Hypervisor - Oracle, Cisco UCS and VMWare.
- Experience/knowledge of UNIX security hardening.
- UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience/knowledge of APIGee Edge deployment and administration.
- Experience working in a similar sized organisation.
As an Engineer you would have exposure to the following:
- Unix / Linux administration, with continual monitoring of a wide variety of production and test systems in line with the Service Level Agreement.
- All aspects of systems administration, with patching, backups, support & performance tuning playing a key part.
- Providing a technical capability for the creation of an administration function, for a container-as -a-service platform.
- Work with 3rd party support organisations where appropriate to progress issues.
- Proactively develop and improve processes to drive service improvement.
- Mentoring and developing the skills of junior technical staff
- Develop roadmaps for the Redhat platform
- Take part in an on call support rota.
For further information about the role please apply.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search