Cloud Product Owner
Want to get involved in cloud-based delivery challenges? Do you live and breathe Azure, AWS and Google Cloud? Are you keeping yourself up to date with the latest cloud releases, functionality and approaches to cloud adoption?
If so you should be part of my clients exciting and growing Cloud Centre of Excellence. You'll use your expertise to support and lead the delivery of the cloud vision through agile adoption, collaborative working and SME skills.
This role will require the successful candidate to be in Swindon 3 x days per week
What we're looking for:
- Hands-on Product Ownership - Must have worked in Agile Scrum environment performing the role of a Product Owner.
- Worked closely with stakeholder and technical teams to define backlogs, run regular refinement sessions, get teams to estimate the work using relative estimation, plan roadmap, run sprint planning sessions, communicate sprint plans/progress, provide clarifications to technical teams, accept technical teams' outputs, run demos, etc.
- Technical mindset. The role is not expected to provide technical leadership, however most of the work is infrastructure related and therefore a good understanding of infrastructure aspects, nuances relating to implementing Infrastructure as Code, automation, etc are important. Taking an active interest in how the team has actually implemented the solutions.
- Experience of Cloud/Virtual Env Experience - We are building Cloud products and therefore it requires a different mindset - so have you actively worked with their teams in implementing Cloud infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS) for their solutions.
- B2B Experience - We are building solutions that will be consumed by other technical teams within our client, and therefore experience of building B2B products would be more suitable.
- Regulatory Experience - A lot of our work will mainly involve taking off the shelf products from AWS, Azure and other cloud suppliers and "harden" them to the level of controls required for the financial services industry. Experience in a regulated financial environment would be ideal, but other highly regulated environments e.g. implementing PCI DSS, etc on their deliveries would be acceptable too.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to advise, influence, persuade and prioritise and measure success.
- Banking Experience - Banking experience would be ideal
- Experience of working with External Partner Teams - we work closely with external suppliers to supplement our in-house development capabilities. This tends to alter the dynamics compared to purely internal teams.
- Jira Knowledge - We use Jira here, so having experience of using Jira would be great, but not essential.
What you'll be doing
This role is to be a Product Owner within the Cloud Centre of Excellence working within the AWS / Azure Product teams. Under the Product Manager's oversight, you will work to produce a comprehensive Product Roadmap and associated epics and stories to deliver against the business' demand.
- Act as Product Owner contributing to business outcomes and roadmap definition, defining system roadmap required to meet core business outcomes, and creating high quality features and user stories to deliver on those outcomes.
- Maintains the Product backlog using input from Stakeholders, responsible for the building, editing and maintaining of the team backlog encompassing all epics, features, user stories, defects and bugs.
- Responsible for ensuring backlog is ready for iteration planning, acting as the subject matter expert on the details and priority of all items in the backlog.
- Provide thought leadership on how scenarios and features will be implemented across the society.
- Ability to manage multiple releases concurrently.
- Strong Stakeholder/consumer management by developing and sustaining strong working relationships with business and infrastructure teams throughout the society. Ability to present and represent owned services to senior leadership as needed.
- Partners with product engineer and delivery team to ensure deliverables are defined properly with appropriate acceptance criteria and ensuring final accepted products are of the highest quality. Ensures the 'what' is needed, based on business needs, is defined so that the delivery teams can determine 'how' to deliver it.
- Accountable for business use case gathering and definition.
- Accountable for Definition of Acceptance Criteria and User Stories to ensure the delivery team is empowered with the necessary information.
- Manages and publishes roadmaps to ensure Stakeholders are informed.
- Participate in team demos and retrospectives, accepting quality work while ensuring constant process improvement throughout the lifecycle.
- Coordinate dependencies across product lines with the product management team.
If this is of interest and you'd like further information please contact me -
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search