Azure Migration Specialist - Contract role
A FTSE100 company are looking for a contract Azure Migration Specialist to manage and build the migration of Azure Applications in to a brand new one.
The key experience and knowledge required for this role includes:
- Act as an Azure and virtual server SME; Provides proactive recommendations and actively contributes to the configuration, layout and performance tuning to improve cloud solution.
- Ensures that the projects are implemented in accordance with IT Technical and Operational standards.
- Participate inpre-implementation activities to post implementation activities such as (but not limited to):
- The Setup, configuration and management of the Azure enterprise portal
- Leading and overseeing the migration of applications and services into Azure platform (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Discovery and migration activities within IT cloud resources
- Identifying and setting pricing for the catalogue items as required
- Supporting the config of, and activating tagging rules
- Define and capture change control parameters for cloud resources
- Supporting the schedule for downloading billing data and reporting
- Document all pre & post implementation configuration and create BAU documents for handover.
- Ensure that documentation is maintained and kept up to date in line with IT standards and policies.
- Share acquired knowledge with colleagues through formal documentation and communications sessions.
The key responsibilities for this role includes:
- Leads and participates in a wide range of project activities for their area of expertise, such as discovery and analysis, future state/transition state design and migration planning, build of transition/target state solutions, testing (pre/during/post migration), transition activities and handover to operational support. Produces required technical documentation to record approach, deliverable design / installation / configuration, test and cutover plans / outcome evidence, operational support knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Works with solution architects, infrastructure engineers and technical analysts to ensure solutions and builds are implemented according to IT standards and requirements. This includes security, availability, performance and related non-functional aspects. Liaises closely with engineering and support functions outside of the project to ensure established ways of working are upheld, knowledge is shared and advice exchanged.
This is a contract role working for a top company as a Azure Migration Specialist.
To apply please contact:
0207 654 1117
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted