Cloud Data Engineer (AWS or Azure)
City of London based client is in the market for several Cloud Data Engineers to support the data scientists and analysts to gain insights into data by architecting and implementing data-driven cloud-based solutions. The successful cloud Data engineer will be subject matter experts and will be responsible for the technical leadership for data ingestion and processing engagements. A good understanding of cloud platforms and prior experience working with big data tooling and frameworks is required.
- Has experience successfully implementing simple enterprise solutions using a vast range of data engineering technologies. Has experience deploying and using the services in a major cloud platform
- Delivers - Significant code contributions to more complex components of ETL pipelines Writes test, test cases, and code documentation with a high level of detail. Skill mastery in a few areas
- Coding - Pushes back bad code and employs ETL best practices
- Experience with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages, such as Python, Java and Scala
- Experience with Machine Learning toolkits
- Experience in building scalable end-to-end data ingestion and processing solutions
- Good understanding of data infrastructure and distributed computing principles
- Proficient at implementing data processing workflows using Hadoop and frameworks such as Spark and Flink
- Good understanding of data governance and how regulations can impact data storage and processing solutions such as GDPR and PCI
- Ability to identify and select the right tools for a given problem, such as knowing when to use a relational or non-relational database
- Working knowledge of non-relational and row/columnar based relational databases
- Stakeholder Management - Has guided & influenced customer stakeholders. Manages customer expectations on project deliverables. Aware of the customers political landscape beyond the technology. Clarifies and communicates internally customer objectives.
- Open source, AWS, Azure or GCP 'big data' frameworks and services.
If this role would be suitable, please apply as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted