Software Engineering Manager - (Backend) - Rightmove
Rightmove are currently the UK's largest online property portal and they are going through a period of expansion within their technology space to set them even further ahead. The roles will be based out of the open plan Soho office which is built to have an agile feel and contemporary ways of working.
This position is for a Software Engineering Manager to specialise on the management of Back-End Software Engineers. The role will focus on developing people, bringing them through and driving development as well as providing technical support for them as well.
- Experienced manager of software engineers with a proven record of developing people in both technical and non-technical aspects
- Recent hands-on experience (last 2 years with a maximum 75% hands off split) with modern and up to date tech in a Java/Spring Boot/microservices environment
- Improving the product development lifecycle and technical quality
- Building technical "communities" and a culture of learning
- Understanding and influencing the wider architectural landscape of the business and ensuring continuing improvements to the platform
- Cloud - esp. AWS
- Elasticsearch or other search engine
- Node.js or experience working alongside a Node/React front-end environment
- Kafka or similar messaging/streaming technologies
- Big data platform experience
- Each manager will be responsible for circa 10 Software Engineers
- Product teams are organised cross-functionally with software engineers, quality engineers, product owner and (where applicable) product designers sitting together. Each product team comprises 8-11 people.
- Fits people with a passion for technology and great consumer/customer experiences looking for a dynamic, fun environment with a lot of autonomy and minimal hierarchy and bureaucracy
To apply please contact:
0207 654 1117
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted