IT and DevOps Infrastructure Capability Lead - Reigate - Financial Services/Insurance
A Core IT and DevOps Infrastructure Capability Lead, leading a squad of highly skilled Infrastructure, DBA and Infrastructure support team, and deliver longer Capability Strategy, is required.. This role will have responsibility for defining and building a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) Environments to support the development of platforms and projects. As such, this role shall act as the key interface and critical Relationship Manager between Core IT and DevOps.
Key accountabilities include:
- Support future vision for DevOps and Core IT Support, and Governance
- Provide technical leadership to define enterprise delivery of infrastructure, environments and core databases
- Implement automation solutions for environment / infrastructure deployment
- Lead the UNIX, AIX, DBA and Linux Teams. Manage and create configuration for deployment to appropriate databases / environments
- Create and maintain automated Environment build/release plans
- Contribute to ongoing improvements of standards, methods, and procedures for Core IT / Infrastructure / DevOps Orchestration
- Lead on Incident Management and Root Cause Analyses
- Lead the Disaster Recovery Agenda, Planning and Exercises
- Flexibility of working time to ensure support for after-hours support
Requirements for this Role:
- Experience in successful Infrastructure and DevOps transformation programmes
- Management and development of High Performing Technical teams
- Relevant experience as an Infrastructure / Core IT Lead, or in a position with similar skill sets and responsibilities
- Strong Unix (Linux/AIX), Oracle experience.
- Experience Incident Management
- Experience in Incident, Asset and Licence Management
- Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
- Experience in Environment Management
- Knowledge of Containerisation and Desired State Configuration technologies such as, Chef, Docker Compose or Ansible
- BCP / Disaster Recovery
The desirable skills / experience for this position are:
- Proficiency with Linux. Red Hat Enterprise Edition preferred.
- Strong knowledge of n-tier web applications.
- Both Legacy and Cloud Experience, ideally roadmapping to Cloud and Architectural Simplification
- Technical coach and mentors, emphasising on Knowledge Management
- ITIL certifications preferred
- Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted