Cyber Security AnalystI am currently looking for a Cyber Security Analyst to work for a consultancy based in Westminster on an initial 3 month contract.The...
IS Systems and Security Engineer - London Bridge - Permanent
My client an Energy and Utilities Company is currently looking to recruit an IS Systems and Security Engineer to join its team in London Bridge on a permanent basis. The IS Systems and Security Engineer will be responsible for the following:
The IS Systems and Security Engineer will be joining an agile IT department and will be responsible for design, implementation and management of core and key energy IT systems, associated security configurations and further systems and service evolution across traditional colocation, hybrid and cloud models. The IS Systems and Security Engineer will be an ambitious and driven IT professional who uses strong knowledge of IT networks, IT systems, system and service security models and system architectures to help the company to design, put in place and support best in class systems, networks and security standards and to drive optimal IT service delivery in support of the wider business requirements. The IS Systems and Security Engineer will be responsible for designing and executing various IT system projects and for tailoring IT services to the highest levels of user satisfaction while improving service delivery effectiveness.
Main responsibilities for the IS Systems and Security Engineer:
- Review current information security model of end-user mobile and laptop/desktop devices, highlight tactical and strategic risks and devise an optimization/improvement plan
- Review exiting patching model against industry best practices and existing practices with focus on Windows (Microsoft), Windows (Third Party) and non-Windows operating systems in use across the estate
- Design an internal and external continual and/or periodic security testing framework to further re-enforce ISO 27001 status of the hosting platform
- Reinforce current system and service delivery model by designing and putting in place improvements affecting business continuity, disaster recovery, information security
- Lead the process of continual system/service design, architecture, release and support
- Work closely with team members and the Head of Technology on the definition and implementation of the best service delivery practices
- With the help of the head of Technology, take the lead in the delivery of various IT systems projects in the domain of technical architecture, technical implementation, testing and training
- Provide support to end-users in the acquisition, implementation and operation of new systems and services.
- Catalogue all of the IT systems and services and ensure that appropriate system and service documentation is in place at all times
- Ensure that all systems and services and their dependencies are covered with aligned support procedures and policies
- Regularly report to the Head of Technology on all aspects of system service delivery
- Continuously manage various supplier relationships
- Continuously seek to improve existing services through the application of best practices and IT trends
- Attend and actively participate in daily and weekly team meetings
Key skills and experience for the IS Systems and Security Engineer:
- Experience in designing and evolving Windows, Linux and mixed hosting estates (bare metal, on premise, single or multi-site)
- Experience in designing and evolving systems and services core and edge security models at all levels including infrastructure, Windows/Linux systems and application services
- Experience in building virtual hosting and service delivery environments in a Colo, hybrid or cloud environments
- Interest in IS security architecture, security solutions and principles of design of security solutions, understanding of ISO 27001 or Cyber Essentials/Cyber Essential Plus frameworks and/or possession of PCI DSS and/or PCI QSA certifications would be very welcome
- Experience in working with hybrid Colo-cloud IAAS models and integrating and securing elements of hybrid estate
- Knowledge of virtual environments built on private hosting stacks on VMWare 5.x/6.x core with ability to further improve, design and scale such environments
- Knowledge of virtual hosting backup and recovery approaches is a must. Experience with Veeam Backup & replication would be welcome but not essential
- Detailed understanding of Windows 2008/2012/2016 server environments and ability to configure those in standalone or HA configurations
- Understanding of SSL protection, how SSL certificates are issued, how they protect services (i.e. HTTPS, TLS, EAP) and how they should be managed
- Understanding of IP networking protocols and ability to configure and control equipment terminating WAN and LAN networks (preferably Cisco)
- Full understanding of Microsoft domain architecture including Active Directory, Group Policy, roaming profiles and Windows Scripting and solid understanding of hybrid implementations (AD over hybrid, Colo-cloud architectures)
- Experience with remote desktop technologies including Remote Desktop Services, Remote App services and Direct Access
- Good understanding of SAN and NAS storage architectures, security and performance optimisation routes
- Good understanding of the role and system configuration of the SQL server 2012/2014/2017 platforms including configuration modes, maintenance, monitoring
- Understanding of networking services including DNS, FTP, SMB, routing, layer2/3 switching, stateless firewalling, IPsec based VPN setup, load balancing etc.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with an exceptional work ethic and individual accountability
- Team player with ability to win support of various business stakeholders through direct engagement
- Enthusiastic to continually learn and/or expand core knowledge and not afraid to step into new areas of the IS architecture, management and service delivery
This is a permanent role for an IS Systems and Security Engineer working for a top company. To apply to the IS Systems and Security Engineer please send a CV or call to discuss options.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age