Test Analyst Big DataPlease note this role is within scope of IR35.We are currently looking for a Test Analyst Big Data to work for a...
Test Engineer - Big Data
Please note this role is within scope of IR35.
We are currently looking for a Test Engineer - Big Data to work for a large government organisation on an initial 6 month contract based in Southampton. This is a technical role and requires knowledge of data testing, performance and load test. You will work closely with Software Engineers in conducting automation, exploratory and regression testing using C#/Python in a CI/CD environment.
You will be working with a wide variety of techniques and technologies, such as Azure Cloud Services, Azure DevOps and Databricks.
- Proven analytical skills, designing and implementing tests for functional and non-functional test activities
- Experience of designing and implementing tests around TDD/BDD
- Experience of delivering automated test frameworks in a test-first CI/CD environment
- Ability to define the appropriate end to end test approach for automation and performance
- Experience of allocating and prioritising own work
- Good knowledge of agile methodologies and working closely with engineers, advising on process improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders and customers
- Experience of POC concepts
- Proven technical skills in C# (essential) and/or Scala/Python (desirable)
- Qualified to Foundation Level in Software Testing (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with Azure DevOps is essential
- Experience of testing on a cloud platform is essential
- Experience of Data technologies preferable Databricks essential
- Awareness of geospatial systems and technologies is desirable
- Experience of PowerShell desirable
If this role is of interest to you and you would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age