Service Introduction Lead - Glasgow
Our Higher Education client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Service Introduction Lead to join their Glasgow based team on a permanent, full-time basis.
The Service Introduction Lead will play a key role in ensuring the new system goes live with a clearly defined, established and tested service management approach. The Lead will work embedded within the Delivery Programme, but will also work closely with the existing business-as-usual IT Operations team. The role will define the appropriate service introduction and service management models, processes and technology to meet the business requirements and ensure the new service can meet its SLAs and KPIs. The successful candidate will also work alongside third party supplier companies to ensure service responsibilities are clearly defined and that process handoffs are fully understood. This role will work closely with a range of key stakeholders to ensure business expectations are met and that the new system is handed over into IT Operations ready to be effectively supported in-life.
- Track record of successful implementation of Service Introduction / Service Transition processes in a business IT system environment.
- Track record of successful implementation of Service Management processes in a business IT system environment.
- Knowledge and experience of applying ITIL Service Management processes and approaches.
- Knowledge and experience of appropriate IT systems and technology used to enable Service Management processes (e.g. experience of the use of a Trouble Ticketing system as part of Incident Management).
- Ability to write and agree appropriate Service Management processes based on business requirements and the agreed Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators in the Contract
- Ability to engage and successfully influence technical teams and subject matter experts.
- Ability to identify potential areas for process improvement and to convince stakeholders of the value of making changes.
- Ability to work as part of a broad Programme team, and to support colleagues sharing the commitment to achievie the agreed business outcomes within the required timeframes.
- Knowledge and experience of the following process areas :-
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Event Management
- Change Management
- Access Management
- Configuration Management
- Capacity Management
- Performance Management
- Knowledge Management
- Knowledge of the following:
- Systems Build and Release Management
- System Test and Quality Assurance
Should this Service Introduction Lead position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age