Lorien are working closely with an Edinburgh based technology client who are currently on the lookout for a Technical Support Engineer to join their growing...
Senior Technical Support Analyst
Our Higher Education client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Support Analyst to join their Glasgow based team on a permanent, full time basis.
Purpose of the Role:
Working on a large transformation programme, replacing the existing information system with a new Cloud hosted application. The new system will provide capabilities in all areas of student management along with containing core elements of application replacement and data migration
The roleholder will play a key part in ensuring the new system and its supporting environments are properly established with clear maintenance and configuration management processes.
- ITIL Foundation and relevant Technical Certification
- Diploma (HND) in IT or related field (or equivalent experience in supervising or equivalent relevant experience).
- Track record of successful management of Systems and environments within both a project / programme delivery and production environment
- Knowledge and experience of system administration tasks, processes and toolsets in a Cloud hosted environment
- Knowledge and experience of maintenance and support processes within a broader ITIL service management framework
- Capable of managing system downtime, application of patches, updates and changes to production configuration using structured change and maintenance processes
- Knowledge and experience of the following:Incident Management, Problem Management, Event Management, Change Management, Access Management, Configuration Management
- Knowledge and experience of the following: Systems Build and Release Management, System Test and Quality Assurance
- Knowledge and experience of IT service continuity and security management.
- Knowledge and experience of the project management lifecycle.
- Some knowledge of DevOps and Continuous Integration approaches and toolsets.
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age