Software Developer Edinburgh Until the end of Feb 2020 (with view to extend project funded for 2020) Our Banking client is looking for a highly...
Software Development Coach - Edinburgh - 6 Month Contract - OUTSIDE IR35
Our Public Sector client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Coach to join the Edinburgh team on a 6 month initial contract. There will be travel to Glasgow with this role.
The main duties will include hands-on coaching and support of several agile product-domain development teams on modern software development practices, including but not limited to:
- Pair programming;
- TDD & BDD;
- Trunk-based development;
- Continuous improvement;
- Effective implementation of monitoring and alerting;
- A/B testing and feature toggling;
- Testing legacy code;
- Refactoring legacy code;
- Story mapping.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/knowledge:
- Significant role in delivering or leading software development;
- Considerable commercial experience in coaching, mentoring and training teams and individuals to improve software development practices, focusing in particular on engineering practices;
- Proven experience of balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity in role and responsibility;
- Practical experience of introducing new efficient processes or concepts in the development environment;
- Experience using tools to support rapid development, iteration and delivery;
- Experience working in the Agile delivery models - such as Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks, together with XP engineering practices;
- Significant experience using TDD and/or BDD in practice to drive development.
- Experience designing and implementing REST services;
- Experience developing using Java and/or Python;
- Experience designing and implementing modern web delivered applications;
- Experience building and maintaining event-driven CI/CD pipelines;
- Experience migrating to and developing applications for AWS.
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age