QA Engineer Contract in Cambridge
Key words: Java / Bash / Python / Automation Tester / Test Analyst / Quality Assurance / Squish experience highly desirable
Our client is a leading technology organisation based in Cambridge. We are looking on their behalf for a Contract QA Engineer to apply their skills to a performance tool development.
With a focus on quality, you will work with the rest of the engineering team to improve and develop a Jenkins based continuous integration system, ensuring that the product is testable and that the resulting tests are maintainable, reliable and precise.
Day to day, you will be driving:
- The overall test approach, tooling and test methodologies.
- Promotion of quality and testing across the team.
- QA activities including the development and maintenance of continuous integration/delivery, testing tools and test environments.
- Collaboration of planning and estimating new tasks together with the team.
What skills, experience and qualifications will you need?
- You are comfortable using Linux Command Line (e.g. Bash) for day-to-day work.
- You should have experience of Java development and JUnit testing.
- You use version control, such as Git.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. The role involves collaborating with development teams in Arm to deliver improvements to continuous integration. Excellent problem solving abilities are required.
- A good level of proficiency in at least one programming language such as Python, Java or Go and a willingness and capability to learn more.
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle including design, implementation and testing. Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
- You will have a good understanding of how to balance the automation of functional tests alongside the CI/CD flows.
The following additional key skills and behaviours are desirable for the role but are not essential. You will be given the opportunity to develop new skills.
- Experience with bug tracking systems like Jira.
- Test development using Continuous Integration tools such as GoCD, Jenkins or Robot.
- Experience with testing Java-based UIs using tools such as Squish.
You will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Able to work independently and in a distributed team.
- Flexible and open to new challenges.
Please call Rebekah or apply online for further details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age