Software Developer FullstackOur client is offering an exciting role for a Software Developer who is looking to break into the Azure Stack.commercial experience of software...
We are currently recruiting for an experienced C Developer on an initial 6 month based in Reigate. The role will form part of a specialist development team working on our clients pension systems.
- The successful candidate must be able to take ownership for assigned tasks and be responsible for gathering and/or filtering requirements, impact analysis and specifying business and IT solutions for projects and/or enhancement request to the Defined Contribution Pension system.
- Interact with other developers, business analysts and business stake holders to produce a high level technical specification/solution document ensuring technical compatibility and end user satisfaction.
- Produce logical systems design models where appropriate in conjunction with Senior Systems Analyst/System Architect.
- Convincing and presenting proposals by way of high level solutions to end users and/or stake holders.
- Compile and maintain system test conditions and test cases reflecting requirements documentation. Execute test scripts against new system functionality to ensure that the system meets requirements. Regression test system where applicable.
- Maintain system test documentation to ensure completeness.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a large Defined Contribution Pension Scheme that had multiple fund managers.
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly, demonstrating understanding of the implications of technical issues on business requirements and / or operations.
- Identify, report and manage defects.
- Work calmly and effectively under pressure, being aware of time constraints where appropriate, such as cut-off times.
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
- Understands and can communicate well on all aspects of the software development lifecycle e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, documentation and associated methods (Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
- Defined Pension system lifecycle experience.
- Other highly desirable skills are;
- Unix (Linux/AIX), Oracle, SQL knowledge, Language Knowledge - C and/or Pro*C, Python and/or Perl
- Knowledge of using source code control system such as PVCS and GIT
- Shell scripting experience
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age