We are unique hybrid estate agency. Having successfully disrupted the market with a strong focus and utilisation of technology and data, we are now the UK's largest estate agent, selling more homes than anyone else in the market
We're proud to be an official partner of Team GB and will be showing our support for the nation's Olympic athletes in the run up to 2020. Our mission is simple: to be the best and most loved place for customers to buy, sell, and let their homes. We will achieve this through our amazing people - our #Team - and by living our Promises, which bring us together and ensure we live and breathe the same beliefs and values.
What does 'Digital' look like?
Our ever-growing Digital team is made up from Design, Engineering, Infrastructure and Product experts. Our beanbags, sofas, mini fridges and standing desks create a relaxed environment in our Shirley headquarters - supporting our culture of trying new things, failing fast, and being open about our successes and struggles. You'll be joining a team with a clearly defined product strategy led by a solid and experienced leadership team at the helm.
What will your day to day look like?
You will join a small team that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems deployed to Microsoft Azure. You'll have oversight of how systems relate to each other; limit time spent on operational tasks; automate wherever possible; carryout blameless post-mortems and proactively identify potential outages, continually iterating to make improvements.
Your day to day will involve making sure that our system reliability is being kept on appropriate levels. Making sure that expectations are clearly written and reliability of all the system elements is visible and clear. You will help build incident management pipeline, empower and help dev teams to fully prepare their services for production usage. You will take ownership of subset of production services, help with maintaining monitoring platform and all cloud resources. You will assist and help with cloud outages and contribute writing actionable post-mortems.
What do we look for in a Site Reliability Engineer?
- Continuous improvement
- Willingness to learn and challenge both yourself and members of the team
- Desire to constantly improve your working- and team process
- You're actively interested with DevOps movement and all the news and practices around it
- Team player
- You're not alone and no one knows everything. You should be able to help and educate other people, but also ask for help or advice when you're in trouble
- Statistical and mathematical skills
- Intermediate knowledge of dev practices (code, IDE, source control etc)
- Deep knowledge a cloud platform
- Modern monitoring skills and best practices.
- Deep DevOps practices knowledge
- Up to date with trends within the DevOps industry
- Container technologies skills and container orchestration skills
- Azure cloud platform
- .NET platform
- C# Language
- Time Series Monitoring (Grafana/InfluxDB)
- Pager Duty
- Cloud native landscape and architectural patterns Scrum or Kanban experience, ideally using Azure DevOps tool
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age