Risk & Controls Manager - Payments Governance, Risk & Controls team - Swindon - ASAP
Risk and Controls Manager
My client, one of the worlds largest building societies are currently looking for an experience Risk and controls manager to join their payments governance, risk and controls team on a perm basis.
Payments Risk management is progressively becoming more specialised resulting in a need to adopt a more proactive approach in addressing emerging threats to protect our members and service whilst minimising exposure to operational losses and to protect the reputation of the brand.
We've created the Governance, Risk & Controls team in Payments to enhance existing risk, controls and regulatory management practices. We need a manager to support Payments in the identification and assessment of Operational and Conduct risk and contribute towards the successful delivery of the Payments strategy.
You will work closely with senior stakeholders from across the Society and independently within Payments. You will be joining a dynamic and creative team, with a drive for success, development and progression. This means that the Risk & Controls Manager will have a great opportunity to shape and plan the direction of the team and bring past experiences and new ideas to the forefront.
As a minimum, you will have:
- Significant experience and understanding of the design and delivery of Risk and Controls Management Frameworks, methodologies and policies across the Society
- Good knowledge of the Internal Controls Testing Methodology and a broad understanding of the Society wide risk and controls agenda to help effectively plan reviews and changes on an ongoing basis
- A blend of technical risk expertise and business acumen with the capability to understand the payments risk and controls landscape and anticipate the changes within the industry and financial services
- Experience of working in a regulated environment with a good understanding of customer outcomes, risk and control activities and reporting practices
- Strong communication skills, with a proven track record and ability to influence across the Society and associated Partners at all levels
- An organised, professional and meticulous approach, you'll have no problem managing a high volume and complex workload
- You take pride in your work and strive for excellence, with a keen eye for detail to ensure all outputs are of the highest standard and quality.
- A self-motivated ethic with a strong passion to deliver exceptional results across the risk and controls environment
- Subject Matter Expertise within Operational and Conduct Risk and will be able highlight potential threats to Senior Management and maintain regular communication with them through effective stakeholder management principles
- Experience of working in a first line of defence risk and control environment
It would be nice if you also had:
- Comprehensive knowledge of payment processes, procedures and service standards
- Strong functional and organisational knowledge in Financial Services.
- Manage a range of assurance activities to provide an opinion of the controls being operated within the Payments sub communities, ensuring adherence to Society policies and/or regulatory / Scheme requirements
- Educate business areas on the Payments control environment, providing advice and guidance on effective control management whilst ensuring adherence to the control lifecycle and Payments policy
- Drive continuous improvement of the Payments assurance plan adopting a risk-based approach to ensure the assurance / testing approach across the payments E2E service is proportionate and aligned to the Testing Schedule Approval process
- Report into Metric Stream control effectiveness to mitigate payments risk across the Society, driving an integrated assurance approach across 1st, 2nd and 3rd lines of defence
- Support the business in developing and maintaining a proactive and open risk and controls culture, driving continuous improvement and excellence
- Identify, assess, manage and report emerging risks to the relevant Risk Committees and Boards. Actively support risk assessment and scenario planning exercises and ensure that these are carried out on a regular basis, are insightful, forward-looking and actionable
- Develop and maintain a robust Payment control environment, ensuring appropriate application and operation of critical controls
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search