Are you a Desktop Engineer looking for a short contract?My client is currently working on a Windows 10 deployment at their offices around Reading, and...
Deployment Engineer - SC cleared
I am currently looking for a Windows 10 Deployment Engineer to work within the Public Sector on an initial 2 week contract starting 16/09/2019.
- Update all compatible devices to Windows 10 and upgrade the RAM to 8GB
- Replace incompatible devices with the HP 800 G4 desktop devices
- Install user specific apps and drivers as part of the build process
- Deploy these devices to user's desks and provide a short handover
- Swap out old monitors with newer monitors where required
2. Key Activities
- For existing devices, upgrade the RAM and swap out the hard-drive.
- Image all devices (PC, Laptop or Surface Tablet) using the supplied Windows 10 build, and according to the Windows 10 Build Process document.
- Install printer driver(s) and applications according to User Build Instruction document.
- Log a record of the device build using the PC Build Complete internal online form.
- Label device with user name (or hotdesk) and deployment date.
Deployment and Handover
- Migrate user home drive to OneDrive according to Migration Process document
- Swap out with existing devices at users' desk and swap out the monitor also if specified on the User Build Instruction document.
- Perform a handover with the user at the appointed time and date, covering all items in the Desktop Handover checklist.
- Ensure that the user is fully up and running and that all applications are available to the user.
- Log a record of the handover using the Desktop Handover internal online form.
Due to the nature of the role the ideal engineer a SC clearance or BPSS will be required.
If this is something of interest to you please apply within or you would like more information please do give me a call directly on 02076541092.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age