IT Infrastructure SpecialistBased in the City of London, our client urgently requires an IT Infrastructure Specialist to be part of a talented team that works...
IT Systems Manager
I am currently looking for an IT Systems for one of London's biggest transport providers on an initial 2-3 month contract starting ASAP.
The ideal candidate will be a leading part in the design, management and ongoing enhancement of IT and business systems. My client is looking for a manager who has technical experience with Windows 10 and Office 365 but has stepped up into more of a managerial hands off role.
- Day to day management of business systems, workstations, mobile devices, servers, and network devices by working closely with the IT managed service provider
- Manage the business systems development lifecycle by reviewing requirements, design, development, user acceptance and implementation
- Coordinate with various teams to ensure that all business systems are fit for purpose and operate according to Group standards, regulatory and legal requirements
- Manage software vendors closely to deliver projects and system improvements
- Monitor and report on systems performance indicators to minimise disruption and costs
- Manage fault diagnosis and resolution of incidents and assisting with basic troubleshooting
- Ensure data integrity by maintaining regular system backups and test business continuity processes
Key skills and experience
- Experience and knowledge of systems development lifecycle concepts used to plan, develop, implement, operate, and maintain IT systems and services
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with an emphasis on Windows 10
- Experience in working with Microsoft 365 ecosystem and Mimecast email security systems
- Experience implementing, running, improving business systems example: HR and rostering systems
- Manage major incidents, assimilate large amounts of information, and present it in summary form to stakeholders together with recommendations
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Azure and other cloud technologies
- Be able to demonstrate examples of working across other departments to add value and translate their business requirements into solutions
- Possess excellent communication skills with a proactive approach ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date
- Ability to work successfully within a geographically distributed team and to build effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business up to director level
- Personable, diplomatic, and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for service excellence
If this is something of interest to you please feel free to give me a call on 02076541092 or apply within.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age