Wintel Engineer with Anti-Virus Solution experience - Contract - Royston, Hertfordshire
My client a FTSE100 Company are currently looking to recruit a Wintel Engineer with Anti-Virus Solution experience to join its team on a contract basis. The role will initially be working from home with scope to work onsite in Hertfordshire. The key responsibilities for the Wintel Engineer with Anti-Virus Solution experience include:
The Wintel Engineer with Anti-Virus Solution experience will be working on the deployment of a consistent anti-virus solution across all endpoints (desktops and laptops) and 1,000 servers in the estate.
- The chosen anti-virus solution is Carbon Black which has already been deployed to 17,000 endpoint machines. The goal now is to deploy it to the server estate.
- All endpoints have been deployed. Around 1,000 servers remain to be done. These servers are primarily manufacturing based servers. They are in a factory environment and often control the manufacturing process.
- The software running on these servers is not standard office software but either bespoke or specialist manufacturing software.
- Anti-virus software needs to be configured to avoid clashing with this software or stopping it from working. It also needs to avoid degrading performance on these servers
- Policy is to remove any existing AV before installing carbon black. Pre-testing to be performed if needed.
- Updating policies and exclusions for Carbon Black so that it works with the applications if needed
- Raising of formal Change Requests
- Manually uninstalling Symantec AV software on over 300 servers and organizing reboots of these servers and then installing Carbon Black and testing machines post-reboot and install.
- Work with project team to install Carbon Black via SCCM to other servers.
- Building test servers with appropriate application software to test Carbon Black against it
- Provide support and short-term hyper-care to business units following an installation of Carbon Black.
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the virtual and physical server platforms that support company systems.
- Working flexibly to support operational and reboot windows
- Creation of change requests for the deployment and attending the CAB meetings if required
- Ability to review and understand log files for troubleshooting purposes
- Responsible for the management of the physical and virtual server platforms, including change requests and troubleshooting incidents.
- Ensure that documentation is maintained and kept up to date in line with company standards and policies.
- Share acquired knowledge with colleagues through formal documentation and communications sessions.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Always ensure that company Policies, Standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are adhered to.
- Implement deployment
- Scheduling of SCCM jobs
- Manual uninstall of Symantec AV / Manual install of Carbon Black
- Support of servers post implementation for 2 weeks
- Roll-back or turn of AV software if issues
The key experience and knowledge required for the Wintel Engineer with Anti-Virus Solution experience role includes:
- Wintel engineering experience on Anti-Virus solutions.
- Experience working with physical and virtual infrastructure and managing backups
- Experience with managing (Server) Operating Systems, e.g. Windows
- Experience with working with virtual environments, e.g. VMware, Citrix, HyperV
- Awareness of ITIL principles
- Holds either a MCSA or MCSE (preferred) in Server Infrastructure or equivalent work experience
- Stakeholder management and testing.
- Arranging the installs, raising Change Requests and time for installs and sequence in which servers will be installed
- Implementing the installations
- Hyper-care experience, intervening if there is a problem in the immediate aftermath of an install
- Needed ability to spin up a server for testing, how to install and uninstall software and manage OS policies and stuff with anti-virus software.
- Experience with Carbon Black a positive, but also experience with Symantec will be a benefit. Some Anti-Virus experience is required.
- Experience of setup up a server install software on it and run tests.
- Familiar with setting up Change Requests
- Flexibility to work out of hours for some installations world-wide \ and accept some on-call for this
This is a contract role working for a top company as a Wintel Engineer with Anti-Virus Solution experience. To apply to the Wintel Engineer with Anti-Virus Solution experience please send a CV or call to discuss options.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search