Solution Architect Contract HertfordshireMy client a market leading Global company are looking to recruit a Solution Architect on a contract basis to join their team...
Application Solution Architect - Cambridge - Contract
My client a top FTSE 100 company is currently looking to recruit an Application Solution Architect to join its team in Cambridge on a contract basis. The Application Solution Architect will be responsible for the following:
The Application Solution Architect is to undertake architectural leadership to drive the successful delivery of a Global or project specific architecture within and across the business. Once the analysis has been completed, to then review any 'gaps' to present capabilities and architecturally design solutions to close these gaps, costing each solution. Provide technical implementation assurance as necessary. Provide leadership and direction in alignment within the company IT Architecture team in relation to platform deliveries.
Principal accountability's for the Application Solution Architect:
- Own and create Conceptual Design statement documents to support the Group IT Design Authority Governance process based around material change programmes of work and Design Artefacts.
- Analysis, creation and updating of Capability Models (Business and IT) for the area of architecture concern.
- Creation and updating of "As-Is" Architecture Documents
- Representation of Group IT Architecture in governance meetings such as IT Design Authority, Architecture Review Boards, architecture workshops & team meetings.
- Be a champion for Group IT Architecture within the company and related Business sectors
- Creation, review and updating of HLD / Architecture Spec Docs and representation of HLD's at project and other governance meetings
- Creation, review and updating of LLD / Detailed Architecture Spec Docs and representation at project and other governance meetings.
- Representation of Group IT Architecture within programme governance, such as workshops and team meetings
- Support for PMs before during and post project delivery for, and not exclusive of:
- Defining and planning scope of delivery
- Working with other project members to define, scope and design interactions and dependencies
- Working with teams outside of the programme/project to define, scope and design solutions that meet the larger reference models and legacy systems
General Scope for the Application Solution Architect:
- Working within single or multiple project deliveries
- Reporting into the Head of Solution Architecture for Line Management duties
- Reporting into Lead Solution Architect and Project Manager for Project specific duties and activities
Work Stream Scope for the Application Solution Architect:
- Support the PM during the build and development of the project initiation and during execution
- Develop the road-map and architecture for a global solution and support the execution and deployment
- Support and assist during the Operation Model creation process
- Capability mapping of business requirements
- Lead the market assessments and support the procurement process of selected vendor product
Key skills and experience for the Application Solution Architect:
- IT Security knowledge and experience
- Technical knowledge in a range of Infrastructure, Applications, System integration and a desire to extend their technical capabilities
- Previous experience using IT architecture frameworks such as TOGAF and ArchiMate is highly desirable
- Ability to build consensus on proposed technical solutions across a wide range of technologies.
- Previous experience as an IT architect in a large multi-national organization
- Familiar with Prince2 or PMP Project Management methodologies
- ITIL and service management experience
- Experience working within Global Manufacturing Company would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience working with industry leading HR platforms such as Workday and SuccessFactors would be useful.
- Experience working with industry leading CRM platforms such as Salesforce and MS Dynamics would be useful.
This is a contract role for an Application Solution Architect working for a top company. To apply to the Application Solution Architect please send a CV or call to discuss options.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age