Software Asset Management Analyst / SAM Aanlyst / Software Licencing
Location: Cambridge city centre (close to train station)
Duration: 3 months with potential for permanent work
Rate: £250 per day
Are you passionate that company software is effectively managed, controlled and protected? Do you love working with colleagues to maintain and improve SAM best practice and ensure consistent asset management practices are followed?
We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our Cambridge based client on a contract basis. Working within the IT Service Operations team for a global leading semiconductor and software solutions company, you will be an integral part of a team who are responsible for the correct operation of asset management processes within IT.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Process service requests for software purchases and renewals using ServiceNow and upload agreements and license entitlements in Snow License Manager
- Maintain data in Snow License Manager and ServiceNow CMDB, create ad hoc licencing reports, as well as creating and running Effective Licencing Position statements. Perform routine checks to ensure ongoing availability of the SAM tools
- Reduce the overall spend on software assets through the recovery of unused software, and to perform supplier and license reviews to identify risk and opportunities to ensure the best licensing model is procured
- You will be involved in application steering groups and assist in driving the development of SAM strategy and roadmap; and help, manage and communicate SAM procedures and identify improvements to ensure they are effective and efficient in delivering value.
- Assist in vendor audits and perform internal SAM audit activities.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Previous Software Asset Management experience, ideally with Snow Licence Manager 8 experience
- Licensing knowledge of major vendors (Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, VMware, IBM, Adobe etc.) and experience assisting with vendor audits
- ITIL (v3) Foundation
- Process management experience in an IT environment that utilises agile delivery and ITIL, with recent experience of SAM
- Ability to produce written material and reports to a high standard
- You are an excellent forward-thinker with great communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have good attention to detail and accuracy
- You are enthusiastic and self-motivated, with a can-do attitude, and can juggle conflicting and changing priorities whilst meeting deadlines
- You can work unsupervised and as part of a team
Please apply online or call Rebekah for further details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age