Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Edinburgh OR Glasgow 6 MonthsOur Public Sector client is currently recruiting for a skilled Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join their team based...
Infrastructure Engineer x 2
Our Public Sector client is looking for 2 highly skilled Infrastructure Engineers to join their Fife based team for a 6 months initial contract.
THIS ROLE WILL SIT INSIDE IR35
- IEs are accountable for the appropriate IT Operation, including handing incidents, problems, changes and releases related with the systems.
- IEs are consulted about the system requirements and core infrastructure monitoring elements (i.e. availability, capacity, performance).
- IEs are expected to respond to and troubleshoot issues, provide a high level of support and decision making with little or no management supervision.
- IEs undertake ongoing maintenance and administration to maximise systems uptime, efficiency and security.
- IEs are working on their own initiative or with other staff, partners and suppliers to improve the servers, infrastructure and systems, including designing and implementing new systems and procedures.
Thorough knowledge of a wide range of complex technologies including but not conclusively:
- Latest Microsoft and/or Linux Server OS
- Virtual Server Farms
- SAN Storage Arrays and all fabric components
- Resilience Technologies i.e. Load Balancers and Cluster Configurations
- Backup and Snapshot Technologies
- MS SQL Server Management and Resilience
- Updates and patch management
- A broad experience in IT systems support, including distributed environments like client-server, multi-tier architectures, clustered, peer-to-peer and virtualised environments.
- Working knowledge with PCs, MS Windows, and other Operating Systems.
- Good understanding of local, wide area and wireless networking is essential and some kind of Ethernet theory training desirable.
If interested, please submit your cv
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age