Test Lead Edinburgh 6 MonthsOur Banking client is currently recruiting for a skilled Test Lead to come onboard with their Edinburgh based team for a...
Test Analyst - Edinburgh - 6 Month Contract
Our Public Sector client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Test Analyst to join their Edinburgh based team on a 6 month contract.
- Perform tasks such as: analyse user stories, develop test scenarios, prepare test data (when required)
- Work closely with business analysts and developers to actively contribute towards the understanding of story requirements, ensuring they are fit for purpose and there is no ambiguity in what is required to be defined as done
- Perform manual testing (exploratory and non-functional), record results and log defects
- Using experience, domain knowledge and a risk based approach, be involved in the planning of testing effort within the team
- Evaluate quality of the product(s) under test and provide feedback to the team
- Estimate test effort for user stories
- Provide support with non-functional testing
- Querying of relational database to ensure backend data integrity as part of delivery of new features/system changes
- Run REST requests to back end web services in order to set up test data
- Support technical investigation and diagnosis of live production incidents Test Analyst
The successful candidate will have the following skills/knowledge:
- Intermediate level with SQL
- Comfortable with joins
- Comfortable with aggregate queries
- Comfortable running REST requests to back end webservices via client of choice
- Experience of working collaboratively on stories throughout the story life cycle
- Understanding of common software failures and faults
- Ability to effectively manage own workload and stay focussed on defined scope set by the product owner
- Able to apply pragmatism in defining test scenarios
Should this Test Analyst position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age