Lorien is currently recruiting for a Manhattan WMS Consultant to join an international retailer at one of their offices in N. London.They are currently transitioning...
DevOps Platform Engineer
Lorien's London based banking client is currently looking for a highly skilled DevOps Platform Engineer to join the London based team on a contract basis.
This role is for a passionate Cloud DevOps Engineer. At a high level, this role combines application architecture, design, leading development practices with hands-on coding and development. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and will have the experience, knowledge, and communication skills to lead and contribute to development of key aspects of the Cloud based IaaS services or equivalent cloud.
In summary, the role offers an exciting opportunity to work and contribute towards an IaaS system and Cloud Migration using leading technologies in a role that the successful applicant will find challenging and rewarding in equal measure.
The essential experience:
- A background in software engineering and software design
- Working with one of the major Cloud-based IaaS services, or an equivalent private cloud
- Programming in modern languages and operating environments
- Supporting infrastructure and application pipelines in a fully automated CI/CD environment
- Working with technologies in the Cloud Native ecosystem such as Kubernetes
- Demonstrable experience of implementing programming best practice - especially around scalability, availability and performance.
- Google Cloud Platform
- Demonstrable experience of test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking/stubbing and unit testing tools.
- Demonstrable knowledge of key phases of software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies.
- To be a self-starter and confident to work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- To be interested in learning new technologies and contributing to design discussions.
- Experience of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis - working knowledge of git is mandatory.
- Experience designing or implementing APIs.
If this role is of interest please apply and I will call you to discuss further.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age