Test Analyst (with Automation) Fantastic opportunity to join our Public Sector client in Edinburgh on an initial six month contract!This role is outside IR35. Working...
Fantastic opportunity to join our Public Sector client on an initial six month contract!
This role is outside IR35.
This is a hands on lead testing role for a highly experienced test analyst/engineer, the primary focus of which will be integration and release testing of services across a range of internal and external IT applications. Reporting to the Test Manager, the main activities are as follows:
- Work closely with stakeholders including external parties to agree and document test scope, schedule, environment and data requirements for testing of the releases
- Mentor and manage testing resources within the work stream, ensuring there is traceability of testing against test basis and testing methods are consistent with the programme test strategy and testing best practice
- Defect identification, reporting and tracking to closure via JIRA
- Work with automation engineers to introduce efficiencies of automation where appropriate
Required skills and experience:
- Solid system integration and release testing experience including test scenarios, data setup, test execution and problem solving
- Experience of testing on IBM WebSphere, JAVA, JSON, XM
- Experience with the use of automation tools (and frameworks) e.g. Selenium, C#, Cucumber, Serenity, JMeter
- Experience of testing APIs and using harnesses/tools such as Postman
- Proficient in DB2/SQL
- Knowledge of BDD, Gherkin
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and stakeholder management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience of JIRA, QA Test or similar tooling
- Experience of configuration management and deployment tools such as GIT and Jenkins
If you have the required skills and experience, please forward your CV to find out more about this opportunity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age