An opportunity has arisen for a Security Analyst to join an international business in their Manchester office. You will be working as part of the Cyber Security team in taking ownership in managing web application security vulnerabilities. You will have prior experience working within an enterprise environment, performing vulnerability assessments and improving processes. This is an exciting opportunity for a Security Analyst looking for a new challenge, where you'll be able to make an impact and add value within a global business, undergoing a large scale transformation which includes a digital programme and a move to cloud.
The business' offices are located within an easily commutable location in the city centre, with excellent transport links.
About the role:
As the Security Analyst, you will be focussing on managing web application security vulnerabilities, assessments and providing reports on required mitigation work. In addition to this, you'll also be involved in the following:
- Working closely with key stakeholders to identify and prioritise internal applications
- Escalating critical findings to the incident response teams
- Point of contact for application security activities performed by cyber security
- Perform application vulnerability and risk assurance assessments
- Reviewing outputs and refining the findings to understand the risk to the business
- Work with wider teams to mitigate cyber security threats, improve processes and exposure
- Taking ownership of cyber applications incident queue
As the Security Analyst, you will have prior experience working towards application security assurance. In addition to this, the following experience would be highly beneficial to your application:
- Good understanding of web application security concepts such as OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities
- Experience producing security documentation
- Understanding of security fundamentals and best practice
- Prior experience in performing vulnerability management programs of work
- Exposure to Tenable IO
This is an exciting opportunity for a Security Analyst who is looking to work for a fast paced organisation, where you will be working in a global environment, as they continue to grow further.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age