DevOps Engineer Permanent Canary Wharf, London The TeamJoining the growing CloudOps team in our Solutions & Digital Division, the DevOps Engineer is responsible for development...
Senior DevOps Engineer
As Senior DevOps Engineer reporting to our DevOps Lead and working within our Freeview Play Metadata Delivery Service development team. The role involves the design and delivery of technical solutions specified through agile project methodologies, using tools such as Jira and Confluence, and executing code deployment, through testing, staging and production platforms.
Providing third line support activities on fault investigations and producing root cause analysis and post-incident reports, you'll develop workflow and deployment automation tools in support of dynamic service creation across multiple application and monitoring components, in addition to:
- Ensuring system deployments, software developments and access/authentication adhere to best practice
- Supporting development estimation activities and showcase deliveries
- Ensuring regulatory compliance
- Liaising with stakeholders and third party suppliers
As the Senior Dev Ops Engineer we would like for you to have the following skills;
Use of code management through systems such as Git. Strong Linux server and cloud server management skills, in at least one of AWS, Azure or Google, complement your demonstrable ability, with tools including Terraform, to manage infrastructure deployment
It would be desirable if you have:
- Experience with AWS, especially serverless technologies such as Lambda
- Experience of Docker and containerisation
- Experience with HashiCorp tools including Terraform, Consul, Vault, Nomad
- Experience with CI/CD process and tooling including Concourse and Jenkins
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Good working knowledge of Agile project methodologies, supporting effort estimations, leading spike activities and showcase presentations
- Demonstrable evidence of successful resource planning, utilisation and management.
- Experience of configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age