Infrastructure and cloud designer - 3 months
We are currently seeking an Infrastructure and Cloud Designer to be based with our trusted client on an inial 3 months contract, based in Crawley. The main purpose of the successful candidate will be to design, build and develop engineering solutions and engineering concepts to infrastructure, networks, services and facilities to meet customer and business requirements.
- Adopt the role of Lead Design Authority (LDA) to ensure the delivery of the end to end customer solution
- Engage with key stakeholders to define customer requirements and ensure solutions are designed and planned to meet or exceed expectations
- Drive the design and build activity, engaging with internal and external contributors to ensure the solution meets customer requirements
- Analyse engineering problems related to equipment and systems or the causes of component failures and develop solutions to provide full resolution
- Provide detailed, documented technical solutions and reports for distribution both internally and externally
- Identify risks within the design and build through the design review process and take action to ensure appropriate mitigation/management
- Develop and apply engineering standards and procedures and provide technical guidance to external and internal stakeholders
- Translate customer concept designs into detailed design, build and test specifications that meet customers' requirements, within the constraints of the total costs of ownership and operability
- Strong knowledge of IT Infrastructure systems including Hyper Converged and traditional systems.
- Exceptional knowledge of Private or Public Cloud including server virtualisations, IaaS, PaaS (including Hyper-v, AWS, VMware, Windows Azure)
- Storage Area Networks, Local Area Networks (wired and wireless), Wide Area Networks, Server Infrastructure, End-user technologies & Security platforms
- Identify architectural risks and put together alternative proposals
- Experience of designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions
- Experienced in analysing business requirements to identify and integrate new hardware, operating systems, security solution or connectivity solutions
- Experience of client-server and multi-tiered architecture solutions
- Exceptional understanding of IT infrastructure related industry initiatives
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Experience developing close partnerships with 3rd party partners.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of current digital and technical landscapes, concepts, methodologies, practices and industry trends
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Actively contribute to Service Operation, Service Transition and Service Design related processes
If this role would be suitable for you, please apply as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age