Lead DevOps Engineer Permanent Manchester The TeamThe Infrastructure Engineering mission is to be the best cloud team ever by doing the right thing, using the...
A Cloud Architect with experience supporting the execution of a global cloud service, is required to join an international business in their Manchester office. You will be working with Azure, AWS and GCP cloud offerings. This is a really exciting roll for a Cloud Architect to join a multinational business undergoing major transformation. The business offices are located in an easily accessible part of Manchester city centre with excellent transport links.
About the role:
As the Cloud Architect, you will be a champion of technical innovation and change, acting as a technical escalation point for Cloud related issues. As the Cloud Architect, you'll also be involved in the following:
- Supporting the operational execution of the Global Cloud Service
- Working as part of the global operations team, providing the engineering capability for the major Cloud providers
- Ensuring stable and secure Azure and AWS offerings
- Working with other business areas on the direction of the Global Cloud Strategy
- Work closely with 3rd party vendors for the transitions and provision of services
- Participate in proof of concept development to assist in defining technology strategy
As the Cloud Architect, you will have prior experience working within an enterprise and/or global environment, able to train, guide and mentor staff. In addition to this, the following experience would be highly beneficial to your application:
- Able to define infrastructure code using tools such as Chef, Anisbile, Puppet and Terraform
- Knowledge of cloud offerings including AWS, Azure and GCP
- Experience of VMWare or similar
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Networking concepts and technologies inc Cisco Meraki and SD-WAN
- Windows and Linux
This is an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Engineer / DevOps Engineer / Architect to join a global organisation as they undergo a major technology transformation. You will be at the forefront of their Global Cloud technology programme, where you'll be able to add value and make an impact.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age