IT Support Engineer Acton PermanentI am looking for tech savvy IT Support / Deployment Engineers to join our client a leader in short term technology...
Radio Optimisation Engineer
As one of Vodafone's key strategic partners we are currently recruiting for a Radio Optimisation Engineer to join the team in London on a 6 month contract.
The focus will be on ensuring that Vodafone achieves the best performance and coverage KPIS in the UK market, focussing on the region in which this role is deployed, allowing our marketing teams to differentiate Vodafone using this, in addition to keeping all existing customers satisfied within region and therefore reducing churn.
Primarily the role involves developing coverage planning inputs to Cornerstone and analysing all sources of performance data across the region (co-ordinating drive test activities and surveys etc. ) that are available and then implementing changes to radio parameters, software features, and operational processes to improve these performance levels. Working with local customers and stores to improve performance in the region.
Impact on the business
- Responsible for regional area coverage plans within the region.
- Responsible for monitoring and improving Radio KPI's that reflect customer experience of services that allows the business to differentiate in the market and drive Nett Promoter Score which leads to reduced churn
- Responsible for ensuring that the regional radio network is designed , optimised and performing at the best possible levels
Customers, supplier and third parties
- Working with Ericsson Managed Services, Cornerstone deployment teams, Service Operations and other networks domains in cross functional teams to improve performance
- Working with central system optimisation, and Radio Design unit on the design and technical acceptance of software features to improve performance
- Ensuring that customer feedback is taken into consideration when driving improvements in network performance by liaising with Service Operations, consumer and enterprise business units
Leadership and teamwork
- Liaising with all central Radio project teams to manage the delivery of the access network capabilities into the region ensuring great performance.
- Driving Cornerstone to ensure future radio coverage addresses any negative influences on network performance as well as delivering improving coverage by delivery of local regional coverage plans and designs.
- Ensure local radio optimisation processes are as efficient as possible and utilise best practice from across the Vodafone UK central system optimisation team.
Innovation and change
- Provide guidance to Ericsson MSA optimisation teams by introducing innovative solutions to complex Radio issues.
- Proactively re-design RAN SW features to provide world class network performance to Vodafone customers.
Knowledge and experience
- A good understanding of 2G , 3G and 4G Radio network technology
- Experience of Ericsson and Nokia vendor technology
- Experience of Radio coverage planning
- Experience in network trace analysis
- Experience of local optimisation techniques and processes.
- Experience of working as part of a team or virtual teams to meet challenging timescales
If this role is of interest and would would like to know more then please apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age