Tech Risk and Controls Lead London We are currently recruiting for a Technical Risk and Controls Lead to join one of our clients for a...
Risk and Control Exception Manager
My client in the Insurance industry are looking for a Risk and Control Exception Manager to understand the elements involved within the exception requests and their importance - data sensitivity assessment, control implementation and maintenance plan, assessing the legal, compliance, reputation, and operational risks associated with the exception.
- Ensure the clarity and accuracy of the information in the exception request.
- Liaise with subject matter experts and stakeholders of the request domain.
- Determine inherent risk and control effectiveness.
- Determine residual risk and ensuring risk acceptance by appropriate management team member.
- Provide decisions on exceptions on basic risk assessment and associating time lines with every exception.
- Document and track exceptions and ensure timely revocation of exceptions on their expiry.
- Review existing exceptions and confirm they are still required
- Ensure accurate and clear communication with all stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Technology Policies and the rationale supporting them
- An understanding of Information Security principles and concepts
- Proactive rather than reactive
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight time lines
- Organised and methodical
- Willing to challenge and desire to learn
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing
If you feel you have the right skills for this role then please apply!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age