SC Cleared Network EngineerHeathrow5 months£192.15My client is looking for a SC Cleared Network Engineer to assist them on a 5 month assignment based in Heathrow.GENERAL...
Network Architect - Cisco / SDN / VMWare
I have an excellent opportunity for a Network Architect to join a leading FMCG organisation based in Bracknell with frequent travel to London with one day per week working from home on an initial 6 month contract.
The Network Architect will have extensive experience of creating solutions requiring multi layer switching, routing, and routing protocols as well as Network virtualisation and software-defined networking (SDN). Ideally, including knowledge of VMware NSX and Cisco ACI.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Contributing to our clients network technology strategy and road map.
- Liaising between business and IT stakeholders, to identify business challenges and opportunities.
- Assessment of technologies and products, in order to assess suitability and value to the Partnership.
- Recommending and shaping solution options, utilising knowledge of industry and best practice, in order to respond to business problems or opportunities.
- Assessing demand for network solutions and assessing impact of change, such that appropriate change is delivered whilst minimising business impact and risk.
- Contributing to the creation of compelling business cases, considering capabilities, agility, risks and costs.
- Working with supplier management and third parties to ensure acquisition and operation of technology is on the best possible commercial terms.
- Creation of high level designs (HLDs), key decision documents, and network design patterns.
- Working closely with other architecture domains; most notably, with Information Security Architecture.
- Providing thought leadership through delivery of solutions. This includes working closely with delivery and infrastructure/network/security operational teams, providing technical oversight and assurance, owning key design decisions, and ensuring ongoing alignment with the architectural design.
- Supporting architectural governance, e.g. to ensure appropriate stakeholder sign-off, authority engagement (e.g. for decisions and designs), and to ensure alignment with architectural principles and standards.
Strong knowledge of a large portion of the following is expected:
- Multi layer switching, routing, and routing protocols.
- Network virtualisation and software-defined networking (SDN). Ideally, including knowledge of VMware NSX and Cisco ACI.
- Data centre network design
- Network segmentation approaches
- Cloud connectivity patterns
- Network monitoring and management tooling
If this is of interest please contact me directly for further information.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age