SC Cleared Network EngineerStevenageASAP startMarket RateThe Security Project engineer role is responsible for designing, configuring, installing and commissioning newfirewall projects for our customer.The SPE must...
Network Engineer - Juniper - SC Cleared
I have an excellent opportunity for a Network Engineer with strong Juniper skills to join a consultancy based in Westminster on an inital 3 month contract.
The responsibility of the Network Engineer is to act as a third line of escalation for faults and changes for our client.
The role is office based and will required to be part of on call rota and, occasionally, out of office hours work.
The Network engineers will troubleshoot and manage to resolution complex faults affecting customer services, including escalations from the Help desk team. They will review and implement complex changes to the network infrastructure.
In addition to this, Network engineers will implement new solutions for customers onto the network, which may involve firewalls, WiFi AP, managed switches and VPNs onto cloud services and SaaS. They will also assist in the planning and implementing of network infrastructure changes as required by the business, in conjunction with the Architecture and Project teams.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Management and resolution of complex faults on the network, involving internet access circuits, IP routing (with overlay), LAN switching, WiFi networks, Web filtering, firewalls policies and AWS hosted services
- Implementation of complex change requests for customer solutions on the network
- Fault reporting to relevant suppliers and hardware vendors where necessary
- Act as a point of escalation for the Help desk team for faults and change requests
- Diagnosis of faults and implementation of change requests on the network infrastructure
- Assist with the creation of processes and documentation regarding diagnostics and implementation of common faults and change requests and also of complex solutions.
- Integration tasks (as defined by the business)
- Other tasks as defined by senior management
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Extensive data communications understanding and experience in Network Operations Centrer (NOC)
- Minimum JNCIP/CCNP or equivalent knowledge
- Experience in Juniper hardware and software troubleshooting with switching, routing, firewall platforms
- Good understanding of service overlay and experience with SaaS inter-connectivity
- AWS network understanding
- Experience in operating NMS and ticketing systems
- Previous experience working in a network operational environment.
- Good understanding of ITIL processes for Incident, Problem, and Change management.
- Attention to details and documentation skill.
- Must be able to take ownership of complicated network related issues and resolve them following set business escalation procedures
- Be able to work under pressure and understand problems whilst developing a structured path towards resolution
- Adaptable, used to working to tight time scales, motivated to manage own time, works well on own and with a team
- Valid SC vetting status - highly desirable, or will need to undergo clearance
- Aerohive experienced and/or certified
- Zscaler experienced and/or certified
- UNIX skills, including perl/python and shell scripting
- Experience of working with Service Now
- Strong experience in implementing and troubleshoot IP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, Ethernet WAN technologies, dsl, IPSec, PPP/L2TP, STP and WAN technologies including Ethernet, xDSL, Leased Lines and LES
If this role is of interest and you'd like further information please contact me directly.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age