ReAssure (part of the Phoenix Group) are looking to recruit a dedicated Senior Actuarial Analyst to join our team within the Actuarial Operations function. The position can be based at either the Telford, Hitchin, Preston or Hove sites and is on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract basis. This vacancy represents an opportunity to join an established life insurance company, within an ever changing environment where you will discover the potential to perform and grow.
In this role as Senior Actuarial Analyst within the Production Consolidation & Development Team, you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Reviewing non-profit liability results that have been produced via financial modelling software (RAFM Unify) for a range of financial reporting metrics, and ensuring appropriate controls have been applied.
- Manually calculating reserves where these are done outside of the model.
- Production of the Regulatory Solvency Capital Requirement (SCR) and Minimum Capital Requirement (MCR) through the Standard Formula (SF) and Internal Model (IM).
- Production of Risk Margin using both SF and IM risk measures.
- Produce analyses of results for different metrics and reconciliations between the different reporting bases.
- Driving continuous improvement in processes to encourage efficiencies and to help accelerate the working day timetable.
Key skills/experience required:
- Experience working in a UK Regulated Life and Pensions business
- Knowledge of Data Analysis software (eg SAS, VBA, DV, SQL) will be developed as part of the role
- Studying towards FIA qualification - ideally on the later exams
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively to both peers and senior management
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills to enable collaborative working and effective communication with other teams
- Self-management skills to organise own work and deliver in a timely manner
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve
- Report writing skills
- Solid mathematical aptitude
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Skills in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
ReAssure is a highly respected name in the heritage Life Insurance and Pensions market. We are a 3000+ strong team built on a wide range of skills and a wealth of experience. Originally founded in 1963, we're at a busy crossroads of regulatory and market changes in the insurance industry. We have a proven track record of successfully integrating blocks of pension, insurance and investment business.
As one of Britain's Top Employers in financial services, we offer opportunities for you to challenge and develop yourself in a company that looks after our colleagues, customers and communities.
ReAssure is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills; and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
ReAssure offer an attractive benefits package for all permanent and fixed term employees, including 27 days' holiday + bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, Private Medical Insurance plus a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted