ReAssure are looking to recruit a Senior Management Accountant Team Lead on a 6 month fixed term contract to join our team within the Finance function in Telford. This vacancy represents an opportunity to work with one of Telford's largest employers, within an ever changing environment, working as part of a dynamic team.
In this role as Senior Management Accountant Team Lead, you will be leading the departmental deliverables of the Management Accounts Team, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting, whilst at the same time driving process improvements and efficiencies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the management accounting function in the production of accurate and timely Management Accounts.
- Day to day management of the management accounts team.
- Presentation of business performance to functional heads of department.
- Team 121's, pdp planning, objective setting, 6 monthly and annual reviews
- Providing training to new and existing staff
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflict, absenteeism and performance issues
- Journal authorisation
- Data analysis
- Trend and variance analysis by cost type
- Support budgeting and forecasting activities
- Cash flow management
- Review and challenge group recharges
- Ad hoc support to Finance Business Partners
- Ensure adequate governance and controls that will satisfy an internal and external audit
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non routine reporting transactions
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Monitor and analyse department workflow to develop more efficient procedures and use of resource, driving departmental process improvements while still maintaining a high level of accuracy.
Key skills/experience required:
- Strong leadership skills within staff management, task management and process improvement.
- Communicates effectively, including written and oral presentation, engaging customers and stakeholders
- Demonstrates good organisational skills, with an analytical and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work very well in a team or independently, consulting and engaging others appropriately in the wider function and business.
- Demonstrates appropriate prioritisation skills
- Ability to apply specialist knowledge to improve processes.
- Strong operational financial management skills.
- At least 10 years' experience in a finance department, and a qualified (or in training) member of a CCAB body or equivalent qualification (or relevant experience).
Originally founded in 1963, ReAssure is a life and pensions company which buys and administers closed books of business from other companies. Built on a 2,000 strong team with a wide range of skills and experience, there's one constant running through the ReAssure business - 'Change'. Join us and you'll have opportunity to drive our growth and progress through your own success.
ReAssure is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills; and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age