Environment ManagerFantastic opportunity to join our Banking client on an initial 6 month contract in Edinburgh!You'll have significant experience of leading the delivery of infrastructure...
Project Manager - 6 Months - Edinburgh
We are looking for a Project Manager to join a Datacentre Migration Programme. The role will manage the transformation & migration with impacted teams for those applications currently residing within the Non strategic Datacentre.
As Project Manager, you will be required to:
- Directing and matrix-managing project resources from beginning until delivery.
- Assisting with definition of the project team structure and delivery methodology, identifying and resolving issues and conflicts within the project team, identifying and managing project dependencies and critical path
- Tracking project milestones and deliverables, proactive issue prevention and ability to identify/highlight risks before these materialise as risk are essential
- Facilitating liaison between technical teams and internal customers for requirements gathering and validation
- Co-ordinating estimation activities, reviewing estimates and communicating to Programme Manager in order to plan for required budget and resources to successful execute project
- Producing overarching plans, financials, risks, issues, dependencies, assumptions etc. for the programme and creating data, reports and input to a variety of governance bodies.
Skills you need
- Management of globally located teams, awareness of cultural differences
- Proven ability to understand business requirements, estimate resource costs and negotiate funding requirements with senior level project managers within the bank
- Ability to manage a variable budget funded from multiple sources
- Ability to manage challenging stakeholder groups at all levels
- Strong understanding of application development life-cycles methodologies such as Waterfall, V-Model especially Agile
- Knowledge of project management practices such as Prince2 & AGILE
- Confident in presenting to group and external forums.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant technical project management experience
If this position is a match to your skillset and experience please apply by submitting your CV and I will be in touch by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age