My major client in the IT and telecoms sector is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer, to come on board within their expanding team and assist...
Infrastructure DevOps Engineer | Bracknell | 6 Months
We are currently looking for an Infrastructure DevOps Engineer to join one of our clients in Bracknell, Berkshire for a 6 month contract.
As the Infrastructure DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting complex infrastructure and focus on automation and deployment utilising a number of technologies and tools AWS, Docker, Jenkins, Bitbucket as well as being tasked in moving the business forward and developing a flagship Kubernetes platform.
Our client follows a DevOps model - their teams are integrated with development teams, and running continuous deployments daily. You will be expected to provide input in the product's design, development, deployment, and operations.
Working within the Platform team, you'll be responsible for building automated infrastructure and deployment processes. You'll be the SME on operational excellence and how systems can be built to be resilient, redundant, scalable, and observable. This involves expertise in areas such as infrastructure, configuration management, security, monitoring, deployment and operating systems.
- Strong understanding of security design principles.
- Experience of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration using Kubernetes.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Strong Jenkins background and experience with build pipelines.
- A deep understanding of the target operating system.
- Experience of multiple programming languages.
- ITIL Service Management methodology, ideally v3.
- Compliance, auditing and security.
- Common deployment patterns.
- Continuous integration.
- Load and performance testing approaches and techniques.
- Capacity planning.
- Highly available system design and best practice.
- Administration and tuning of production database systems.
- Installation and usage of monitoring tools; for instance Grafana and Kibana.
- Knowledge of configuration, deployment and management of web application stacks.
- Open source development.
- Previous experience within Development, Technical Service, and/or IT Operations.
- Previous experience in a product centric environment an advantage.
If you think you would be a good fit for this role, please apply here or call 020 7654 1031. We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age