Business Analyst Apple PayOur Banking client is currently looking for a highly skilled Business Analyst to join their Edinburgh based team on a 6 month...
Business Analyst (Development Department) - Edinburgh
Our Fintech client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join their Edinburgh based team on a full-time permanent basis.
- Capture requirements (business/functional requirements and non-functional/operational requirements) from customers, the market, competitors and the internal Management Team for Projects and Change Requests (CRs). Analyse these requirements and provide high quality (accurate, concise, clear etc.) documents for customer use and input to design, development.
- Deliver all analysis activities to the budget, timescales and quality criteria of the relevant development project or maintenance release through the complete project life-cycle.
- Create, maintain and improve required business analysis artefacts (models, diagrams, interface specifications, user guides, business cases etc.).
- Maintain Change Logs as required and perform CR impact analysis.
- Participate in testing to ensure full traceability between business requirements and test results.
- Provide third line support (first line is Help Desk; second line is Operational Support) for production issues and business analysis queries regarding different services.
- Business Analysis work within an IT department
- Requirements Gathering
- Use Case Modelling
- Process Modelling
- Entity Relationship/Data Modelling
- Development methodologies (Agile, etc.)
- SQL and XML Schema.
- Experience of Financial Services (particularly Pensions, Savings and Investments) is essential.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including facilitation and presentation / demonstration skills and customer-facing gravitas are essential.
- Ability to work in a small team environment, as well as having the drive to work on an individual basis is essential.
- A degree level qualification in a computing-related discipline is highly desirable.
- Ability to form strong working relationships in the Financial Services Industry is highly desirable.
Should this Business Analyst position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact by telephone as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age