A Principal Data Consultant with experience of providing world class design solutions to help major clients gain competitive business advantage from their Data is urgently...
Network Consultant - Palo Alto
I have an excellent opportunity for an SC Cleared Network Consultant with strong Palo Alto and Juniper skills to join a nationwide solution provider on a permanent basis. This position is covering the South East of England with remote working available but frequent travel and site visits are a must.
The consultant will have multiple vendor experience with Juniper being the vendor of favour but experience with Extreme Networks, Palo Alto and Aruba networks products is advantageous.
The ideal candidate will come for a technical background operating at 2nd and 3rd line level and have experience within the following:
- To implement complex solutions, utilising industry-recognised and vendor best practices of the highest standard.
- To ensure that implementation and support issues are appropriately escalated to product manufacturers and that those problems are progressed in a timely manner.
- To maintain appropriate product certifications and an appropriate skill level and awareness of new products and product releases.
- Provision of 3rd line support during office hours to diagnose and rectify client network problems
- Provision of 2nd and 3rd line support out of hours whilst on call as part of an 8 week rota.
- To ensure that requests for technical support, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis are serviced in a timely manner and, where applicable, within service level agreement timescales.
- To ensure that appropriate escalation processes are adhered to and that the Daisy management and customers are fully updated on the status of ongoing problems and escalations.
- To act as technical account specialist for a group of named customer accounts.
- To provide customer-facing written documentation on installed projects.
- To provide technical knowledge transfer to Network Operations Centre staff in order to ensure smooth transition from projects into service.
- Provide periodic technical assistance to Pre-Sales.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
As a minimum, the candidate should hold one of the following vendor certifications:
- Juniper JNCIA-Junos
- Juniper JNCIS-ENT
- Juniper JNCIS-SEC
It would be advantageous if the candidate possessed the following vendor certifications:
- Palo Alto CNSE
- Aruba ACMP/ACMX
- Extreme Networks ENS (or equivalent experience)
- Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching (or equivalent experience)
If this role is of interest and you'd like further information please contact me directly.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age