Senior Full Stack Developer
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer who has the passion and skill to work across our various product lines within our exciting business. We've got a pretty impressive team on board already, so you'll be working with some of the best within a collaborative and thriving environment.
Life has had a shake up recently, and how we work is changing to reflect that. We're big supporters of flexibility, so for much of the week we'll leave it up to you to decide where you choose to work. It could be amongst your home comforts, in your local coffee shop or at our fab new office in Holborn, Central London.
There's a real start-up vibe in Home Propositions and our environment is collaborative and thriving. We're a hard-working, friendly bunch from all backgrounds. There are regular virtual and physical socials - opportunities to unwind after busy days. We also love to come together to celebrate milestone events, product launches and other successes we have as a group.
What you'll be doing
We're moving fast in the Home Propositions team to get prototypes, concepts and apps live, so we're looking for an Senior Engineer who is responsible for the creation of technical artefacts to deliver team objectives that are aligned to engineering principles and the architectural strategy.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer you will be working closely with a cross-functional creative and technical team responsible for building an innovative personal finance application. Strong communication skills are essential with the ability to take the lead and work alongside the wider team on tight deadlines with a well organised, detailed and accurate manner. You will be part of a dynamic, agile and rapidly growing environment, where your creativity and innovation is valued. You'll also share your knowledge, coach more junior members of the team.
- You're an excellent team player who can also step in and lead from the front when called up on
- You like to get stuck in and solve problems; where you might not know that answer, you know how to find it
- You're passionate about quality and pride yourself on writing clean code
- You champion modern practices such as TDD/BDD and CICD
- You're a ferocious learner who can pick up new languages and technologies
- You have experience owning and delivering scalable cloud-based applications using some of the following technologies: AWS, Kubernetes, GraphQL, GO, Node.js or React/React Native
- You're excited by the prospect of working in a fast-paced agile start-up combined with the security and benefits of working for a company that puts its members first
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to pair programming
- Mobile native application development
The extras you'll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available, including:
- A personal pension - if you put in 7% of your salary, we'll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted