Audit Manager - Real Estate Asset Management
The busy Real Estate Audit team at KPMG uk are looking for an experienced Audit Manager to join the London based team. The team work with a variety of market-leading audited entities including some of the largest Real Estate investors in the world. They have won a number of tenders recently and expect to grow significantly in the coming years.
Main Role responsibilitiesComing in as a Manager, you'll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Real Estate audit.
The main duties include:
- Managing engagements, overseeing assistant managers and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with audited entity, statutory and KPMG Audit Methodology requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements.
- Nurturing and seeking worthwhile relationships with audited entities, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements.
- Preparing and negotiating fee proposals for our existing audited entity base, and assist in forming propositions for new business.
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability.
- Contributing towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified.
- Determine that audit procedures obtain sufficient appropriate cumulative audit evidence to support the audit opinion in accordance with professional standards, applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Direct, coach and mentor Assistant Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement.
- Assist the Senior Managers, Directors and Partners in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly.
- Take a leading role in developing team members to their full potential promoting collaboration.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Fully qualified CA/ACA/ACCA or international equivalent is essential.
- You will need to have experience managing external audits from planning through to completion.
- Up to date technical knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP / FRS102 and US GAAP (not essential)
- Practical knowledge of technical matters relevant to Real Estate audits.
- Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels.
- Strong coaching skills; Collaborative attitude with an enthusiasm for coaching and developing others.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search